Thursday, November 12, 2009

November's Excellence in Education Winner Awarded

video

Heritage Academy teacher Rick Dalton was named the November Excellence in Education Award winner from Rio Salado College and KEZ 99.9 FM.

Dalton received the award from KEZ's Marty Manning during a recent surprise visit to the Mesa school.

He was nominated by student Caitlin Hardwick, who said "I don't think there's another teacher anywhere out there like him, history is now my favorite class. He's one of my heroes actually. I used to be one of those kids who doesn't care about school, but he showed me that I can do so much better. He's the coolest and most interesting person I know."

Excellence in Education is KEZ 99.9 FM and Rio Salado College’s way of honoring K-12 teachers throughout the 2009-2010 school year. Students and parents of students are encouraged to nominate K-12 teachers who are excellent at their profession and have gone above-and-beyond the call of duty to make a difference in their community.

Each month, a Valley K-12 teacher will be selected from all the entries to be recognized for their outstanding contribution to education. KEZ’s Marty Manning will visit the teacher’s school to surprise them with their Excellence in Education Award. The surprise visit will be broadcast live during the Beth and Bill Show. All winning teachers are rewarded with $99, an Excellence in Education Award, KEZ Bag O’Fun, and their pictures on the Web site of KEZ!

To nominate a special teacher, please go to http://www.kez999.com (keyword: "excellence").

Click HERE, to see past winners.