Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Rio Salado, KEZ Honor Teacher

KEZ's Marty Manning and Rio Salado College's David Staudacher recently surprised Desert Vista High School teacher Elaine Padilla with the Excellence in Education Award for April.

Padilla was nominated by student Kristina Mata who said “Ms. Elaine Padilla exemplifies daily ‘Excellence in Education.’ She provides input for program/departmental improvements and helps find creative solutions for problematic areas, and goes above and beyond her professional duties in assisting parents with community resources during and after high school. We have been truly blessed to have her in our lives because of her wealth of knowledge, experience, compassion, patience and passion. Ms. Padilla doesn't have ‘no’ in her vocabulary. Instead she will say ‘how can I help,' 'let me see what I can do,' or 'I’ll see what I find out.’ Ms. Elaine Padilla, thank you very much and God bless you! You are the best and you rock!"

There is only one month left to nominate your favorite teacher. To nominate someone who is excellent at their profession and has gone above-and-beyond their call of duty to make a difference in their community visit www.kez999.com.