Thursday, July 28, 2011

Post 9/11 - GI Bill Expands Support for Online Students

Recent changes to the Post - 9/11 GI Bill will introduce a pro-rated monthly housing allowance of up to $673.50 for students who wish to take courses online and expanded eligibility to include active service performed by National Guard members. In some cases, these benefits can also be transferred to eligible dependents.

The Post- 9/11 Veterans Education Assistance Improvements Act of 2010 will take effect on August 1, 2011. Active duty service members, military veterans and their families are encouraged to visit the Rio Salado College Military Central webpage to find out how Rio Salado College can help turn your military experience into a rewarding civilian career path.

19 comments:

Adam said...

I am actually a former student of Informatics.I took up web design course and right now plan to go in school for practical training.

Robert Jones said...

I genuinely believe that every person who has served their country at whatever level, deserves every assistance in moving forward with their lives as a civilian.

Their guts, determination and loyalty are things that are very rare in people... these are qualities that should be appreciated and respected by potential employers and highly valued.

I take my hat off to you all and wish I had a fraction of your qualities.

Joy said...

Soldiers need to be appreciated more.

Katherine said...

Good benefits for soldiers. They deserve it.

Caitlyn Weigand said...

It's nice to know that there are online courses that they can take and they are given allowance. Will the government pay for their tuition too?

Naperville Web Design said...

Student assistant from the government really matters. That's one of the most important right that every citizen should get.

Daytona Beach Insurance said...

Nice to see the expanded support with the GI Bill...

Web Design in India said...

Nice information has been shared.I do agree with other posters. Soldiers deserves such benefits.

Web Design said...

Nice i like it

Κατασκευή ιστοσελίδων Θεσσαλονίκης said...

Great move!

Web Design in Utah said...

Excellent information. I am proud to support them.

Jonathan Currie said...

Good job. I like it. Keep it up. I will share this post via Social Media.

Cheers!

Columbia Mo SEO Experts said...

A great news for distance learners.Thanks for posting.

Mobile Application Development said...

Soldiers also have a life and its a good move by Rio Salado to provide an opportunity for them to get education.

Team Bots said...

I also took some courses about web design therefor, for a soldier in learning this is hard. I must appreciate.online teaching

Izrada web stranica said...

Great post here, it's posts like these that help me wake up in the morning :)

Trevor McCann said...

The GI Bill is super important for our troops and I hope it continues for many generations of new soldiers.

jack smith said...

It is great that soldiers are taking interest in web design and giving their time in studies. Really appreciated....

Responsive Web Design said...

That's a pretty fair allowance. Should help a lot of people out.