Friday, January 6, 2012

A New Year’s Resolution You Can Keep: Making College a Reality with Online Classes

A new year brings the promise of new opportunities. It is a time to reflect on unfulfilled dreams and make plans for a better future. In 2011, Rio Salado College helped nearly 70,000 students work toward their educational goals with more than 43,000 taking online classes.

More and more college students are taking advantage of the flexibility of online classes. They can study where and when they want at a time that is convenient for them. According to a recent report, Going the Distance: Online Education in the United States, nearly one in three college students take at least one online course.

For adults who have to balance the responsibilities of work and family, online classes provide a way to earn a college degree or certificate.

“Rio has the flexibility that students need to complete their academic goals,” said Kishia Brock, vice president of student affairs. “Our online classes help busy adults fit college into their schedule. We never cancel an online class and have 48 times a year that students can begin a degree or certificate program, which means students can begin when they are ready to.”

Earning a college degree or certificate can lead to career and professional success. Rio has nearly 650 online classes to choose from. Rio student Jennifer Papworth is working toward a degree in public administration. She always thought that she would go to college when her children were in school.

“I chose Rio because I still had one child at home and wouldn’t have to pay for childcare,” Papworth said. “Online classes fit into my schedule and meant that I didn’t have to spend time away from my husband and kids.”

The college has a wide variety of student services tailored to online students.

“We want our students to succeed and provide comprehensive student support services to help them along the way,” Brock said. “Academic advising, career counseling and tutoring are available. Students also have round-the-clock access to virtual library services and instructional and technology help desks.”

Papworth said that the key to being a successful online student is the same as being a traditional student, “Plan your time wisely, keep your mind open and enjoy the learning experience.”
--------
Rio Salado College is one of ten Maricopa Community Colleges and the largest online public community college in the nation and was recognized as the fastest growing public two-year college in the nation by Community College Times. Founded in 1978, Rio Salado offers degree and certificate programs and general education courses. The college also provides support for dual enrollment, military and incarcerated students, and is the largest provider of adult basic education in Arizona.

32 comments:

seotools said...

Very interesting post. I like it .

SEO Services New York

Anonymous said...

Online study is always a great fun. I found this post very enthusiastic and I learned a lot from here.

SEO Services

SEO Manager said...

Online classes can be difficult in my opinion.
I have been through 2 of them now and I am really not liking them at all. It is really hard to maintain a strong sense of responisibility there.
Anyways good post though.

For the best in Seo Management

seo services said...

Great post! Online classes have a lot of benefits and that’s great that they are becoming more and more popular among the students.

Marie Colvin said...

Really it's an informative post.

Faith Groups

Shashank Gupta said...

Online classes are becoming more popular everywhere in every field. This will have lots of advantages, but still have to be aware of it's negative sides. Good post.

alex sim said...

I love online learning, and the internet age is the information age where we have many options available to learn a new skill. I picked up my web design and development skill via key forums, ebooks, blogs. I look forward to contributing to the learning of others as well.

Professional seo services said...

Indeed an interesting article .

Highervisibility said...

We encourage our employees to further their education. Several of them take online courses to increase their online marketing skills.

paul Jemes said...

Really, this is an informative article, I like it .
wildlife photographer

Làm áo lớp said...

Website Design Company said...

Undoubtly Rio is doing very good social work by providing a very smart means for getting educated in the busy life.Thumbs up...............

seo reseller said...

With pretty much everything being found online these days, it is hardly a surprise online education is also starting to snowball. If anything, it sure beats having to spend on dorms, supplies, and other similar items.

DRM said...

Your site give me some important information, thanks a lot!

thanatopsis analysis said...

"We want our students to succeed and provide comprehensive student support services to help them along the way,” - If this is your goal for your students, what are the comprehensive services?

Oceans said...

The dream sounds good. read the post is good to know so much.

Thomas Simpson said...

Online study is really great. but the danger here is that the more we get to online the more our children gets more vulnerable to online frauds and other crazy stuff happening in the online world.

Columbia SEO said...

I think this method of learning will be very common and widely use in the future. The system may not be perfect today but more technological developments will make it better in the future.

Joey Sales said...

If you can learn at your own pace with online classes then go for it. Some people need a teacher but others are disciplined enough to handle internet classes.

John Piper said...

I was searching the Internet and found your awesome blog.
Server Rack

Anonymous said...

have you done some of these?

rhino flooring said...

Great post! Online classes have a lot of benefits and that’s great that they are becoming more and more popular among the students. GOOD JOB

Crystal Ceiling Chandeliers said...

Thanks for a great blog. I was able to get the information that I had been looking for. Thanks once again!

Web development Orlando said...

Helpful Site…
Thank you so much for providing individuals with a very terrific possiblity to read from this web site. Web development Orlando

rksistu said...

It’s actually a cool and helpful piece of info. I’m glad that you shared this useful info with us. Please keep us up to date like this. Thanks for sharing

buy seo services said...

I like the idea of online classes, being able to learn in your spare time.

seo services said...

sitter city said...

it sounds like you have a good chance but i think your going to sound just like all the other kids applying ....find something unique in yourself something that stands out in your personal life...

Click Here said...

Rio Salado College is a fantastic college with broad range of education choices and more than 450 online courses and numerous career paths to choose from.

Peter Parker said...

Hello,
I like Your Article. Really I like this post because this is very interesting post for me.

Regards,

Health Fitness Exercise

du hoc nhat ban said...

Great share , i enjoyed reading your post.

youtube to mp3 said...

Love this post.