Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Shadow Mountain Teacher Receives Excellence in Education Award

Congratulations to Shari Anton, world history teacher at Shadow Mountain High School for receiving February’s Excellence in Education Award! She was nominated by student Bryce Hustad who said that she is the teacher that you will always remember and has high expectations of her students.

“She takes a personal interest in my success and builds my confidence,” Hustad said. “She makes learning a wonderful and entertaining experience for all of us. At the end of the day I know she cares about me and how well I do, and knows if I am successful so is she.”

Excellence in Education is a partnership between Rio Salado College and KEZ 99.9 FM, which recognizes Valley teachers. Students and parents of students are encouraged to nominate K-12 teachers who are excellent at their profession and have gone above-and-beyond the call of duty to make a difference in their community.

Each month, a Valley K-12 teacher will be selected from all the entries to be recognized for their outstanding contribution to education. KEZ’s Marty Manning will visit the teacher’s school to surprise them with their “Excellence in Education” Award. The surprise visit will be broadcast during the Beth and Friends Show. All winning teachers are rewarded with $99, an Excellence in Education Award, and a Rio Salado College gift bag.