Summer is usually a time for college students to take a break from their busy course loads and find a job or return home for a few months before the next school year begins. But now with the vast array of summer classes available for students, many of which online, the summer is also a time when students can get ahead and one step closer to earning their degree.
There are an abundance of opportunities for students to earn college credit this summer by enrolling in any one of a number of Rio Salado College classes and programs. Rio Salado offers online and in-person classes in 80 different subject areas in two separate summer sessions. This opportunity isn’t just for Rio Salado College students either. Rio course credits are transferable to any of the three in-state universities and Rio also has partnerships with a number of universities across the nation. So whether students are interested in learning about a new subject or completing that final course requirement in order to graduate, Rio has courses in everything from accounting to Japanese.
Here is a listing of some summer course options:
· Buried Cities and Lost Tribes (ASB222): 8 and 12 weeks classes available. Learn about discoveries by researchers of lost civilizations and how they made their discoveries.
· Introduction to Screenwriting (CRW190): 14 week classes available. Students have the opportunity to learn how to put together a movie or play script.
· First-Year Composition (Eng 101): 8 and 16 week classes available. Students have the opportunity to develop their writing skills to write papers on a college level.
· College Mathematics (MAT 142): 8 and 14 week classes available. Students learn basic math skills such as probability, finance and geometry.
· Internet Marketing for SmallBusiness (SBS 220): This unique class is a part of the Small Business Management program at Rio. It teaches future Entrepreneurs how to effectively use internet marketing.