When a student clicks on the MPN link in their my.maricopa.edu to-do list, they will be redirected to the Department of Education’s student loan website. It takes approximately 30 minutes to complete the MPN and the process must be completed in a single session.
According to the StudentLoans.gov website, it is a good idea for students to have the following items available before attempting to complete their MPN:
- Federal Student Aid PIN
- Student’s Permanent Address (and mailing address if different).
- Student’s Telephone Number
- Employer’s Name
- Employer’s Address
- School Name
- Reference Names
- Reference Addresses
- Reference Email Addresses
- Reference Telephone Number
- Relationship of each reference to the student
Note: Reference information should be for two people with different U.S. addresses who have known the borrower for at least three years. (The first reference should be a parent or legal guardian.)