Friday, February 15, 2013

Janet Hays Recognized for Excellence in Education

Congratulations to Janet Hays of Gilbert Elementary for receiving the Excellence in Education Award for February 2013!

Hays was nominated by parent Rachel Johnston who said, "Mrs. Janet Hays has been the best teacher my children have ever encountered. When I first met her she gave me a warm hug and instantly made me feel welcome in her classroom."

"She talks to the students like they are adults and she asks for classroom respect among the students," Johnston said. "My son has developmental delays, and I have seen more progress in this grade than any other and I feel like it’s a direct result of her teaching."

Excellence in Education is a partnership between Rio Salado College and KEZ 99.9 FM, which recognizes Valley teachers. Students and parents of students are encouraged to nominate K-12 teachers who are excellent at their profession and have gone above-and-beyond the call of duty to make a difference in their community.

Each month, a Valley K-12 teacher will be selected from all the entries to be recognized for their outstanding contribution to education. KEZ’s Marty Manning will visit the teacher’s school to surprise them with their “Excellence in Education” Award. The surprise visit will be broadcast during the Beth and Friends Show. All winning teachers are rewarded with $99, an Excellence in Education Award, and a Rio Salado College gift bag.

To nominate a special teacher, please visit KEZ 99.9 keyword excellence.