Monday, April 15, 2013

Teacher Career Day to be Held April 18th

The 11th Annual Rio Salado College Teacher Career Day takes place Thursday, April 18 from 2 p.m. – 6 p.m. at the Conference Center at RSC Tempe.

“We are excited to receive such a tremendous response from the schools and districts participating in this year’s Career Day,” said Paulina Ngo, field experience coordinator for RSC’s Teacher Education Programs, “especially from rural school districts who are in need of filling their open teaching positions for the 2013-2014 school year.”

The state-wide event connects public, charter and private schools with potential teacher candidates. On-site interviews will be available for Rio Salado Teacher Education program completers and student teachers.

According to RSC student Luke Young, the career fair is his chance to learn about potential employers and his options as a future teacher.

“For me it’s about finding a good fit and learning about what is available,” Young said. “It’s a good way to find out where the need is.”

Young is finishing his student teaching requirement and will complete the RSC Teacher Education program in May.

“My interviews were set up based on what I was interested in and my existing credentials,” Young said. “I’m excited to be talking to human resource representatives and recruiters. I’m sure I’ll learn a lot about my options.”

More than 55 Arizona schools and districts will be in attendance to fill positions including:

• Certified Teacher 

• Substitute Teacher 

• Teacher’s Aid/Paraprofessional 

• Teacher Intern 
This event is FREE and open to the public.  Representatives will be on hand from major Arizona school districts as well as rural districts from Bullhead City to Springerville.  Attendees should bring copies of their resume, reference letters and samples of their work as appropriate.  

Visit http://www.riosalado.edu/studentevents to register (optional)