Tuesday, June 11, 2013

My Military Hero Truck Giveaway This Friday

My Military Hero, sponsored by Sanderson Ford in partnership with Rio Salado College and local radio stations 550 KFYI and 102.5 KNIX, provides the community with a fun way to show appreciation to local servicemen and women.

During the 2012-13 My Military Hero campaign, active duty service members were nominated by friends and family to be recognized by the My Military Hero program. Each month one hero was selected to be featured on social media and a digital billboard courtesy of Clear Channel Outdoor. The selected heroes were also entered for a chance to win a 2012 Ford F-150 SuperCab. The 2012-13 giveaway will take place this Friday at Sanderson Ford in Glendale.

The 2013-14 My Military Hero campaign begins in July and is open to all active military personnel 18 or older who reside in the KFYI Total Survey Area. Selected heroes in the 2013-14 campaign will receive a $500 gift certificate in addition to local recognition and a chance to win a new vehicle.

"This is a great promotion for Rio Salado to be involved in," said Rachelle Clarke, associate dean of student affairs at Rio Salado College. "Rio Salado is uniquely equipped to support military students. Our online format goes where they go and adapts to their sometimes erratic schedule. We value the relationship that has developed with our local military community over the years, and the My Military Hero program lets us show our appreciation for everything they do."

Rio Salado College offers a variety of military outreach initiatives including the East Valley Veteran's Education Center, Troops to Teachers, Military Spouse Career Advancement Accounts, Military Leadership certificate and degree programs, and military specific advisement and support.

2012-13 My Military Heroes include Aaron Leonard, Joshua Wandell, Mason Steill, Lorenzo Valenzuela, Jeffrey Ruch, Martin Roach, Charles Railing, Steven Merrett, John Lewandowski, James Bates, Samantha Botsko and Chris Swatty.

Visit KFYI.com and enter keyword "Military Hero" to nominate a military hero for the 2013-14 campaign. 

Nominations can also be mailed to:
KFYI My Military Hero
Attn: Tarah Oliver
4686 E. Van Buren St. Suite #300,
Phoenix, AZ 85008