As the rest of the Maricopa County Community College District ramps up for the first day of class on August 17, Rio Salado student services prepare for the back to school rush. This season of high call volumes, long queues and mild chaos is lovingly referred to as "Peak."
Peak starts in early August and continues through early September. Here are a few insider tips to help students avoid standing in line and waiting on hold.
- Phone support is available 24/7 during peak. Call after 6 p.m. if possible.
- Tier 2 support (for complicated problems) is only available from 8 a.m. - 7 p.m.
- Financial aid is busiest at lunch time (11:30 a.m. - 1:30 p.m.).
- Take advantage of self-serve options like the financial aid steps and my.maricopa.edu to-do list.
- Midweek is the best time to call or visit the cashier's office.
- The cashier's office is busiest during lunch and at the end of the day.
- Self-serve account information can be found in the my.maricopa.edu student center.
- Midweek is the best time to call or visit enrollment services.
- Registration is busiest during lunch and at the end of the day.
- To avoid long lines, it's best to arrive as close to 8 a.m. as possible.
- The computer lab at RSC Tempe can get crowded in the evenings.
- Computer labs are available at five different RSC locations.
- Mornings are typically very quiet in the RSC Tempe computer lab.