The RET participants work with ASU faculty on research projects over the summer, and then take what they learn and adapt it for use in their own classroom setting. Later in the year, our RET faculty attend the NNIN Professional Development Workshop at a chosen NNIN site, where they have the opportunity to present the instructional materials developed from their experience at ASU NanoFab. Click here for details about the ASU NNIN RET program.
The NNIN RET program consists of:
- A seven week non-residential summer internship on the ASU campus
- A stipend of $5,300
- Travel support to attend the annual RET Workshop
- Classroom materials support up to $1,000
- Professional Development Credits
To qualify for the program applicants must be:
- US. Citizens or permanent residents.
- Teacher Applicants: Must teach in grades 6-12
- Must teach science or technology
- Must have a minimum of two years teaching experience
Community College Applicants:
- Must be currently teaching at a two-year post-secondary institution
- Must have taught for at least two years at a two-year institution
- Must teach science or engineering
Interested in applying to the ASU NNIN RET Program?
Then please download the ASU RET Application Form and e-mail a completed copy to email@example.com before June 2, 2014. Include “RET Application” in the subject heading of the e-mail.
Written by Jeanne Ratliff Community and Industry Program Development Liaison at Rio Salado College