Friday, September 19, 2014

In-Person CPD150 & PSY101 Classes at EVVEC

Rio Salado offers 8-week, in-person classes designed specifically for veterans and their family members at the East Valley Veterans Education Center in Tempe.

Classes are offered in a cooperative learning environment, where the teaching from one course will build on the teachings from the other course. Rio Salado College personnel will be on hand to provide support and guidance.

Take advantage of these classes this October:

Course# Title Section Day Time
CPD150  Strategies for College Success   43611 M,W    12:30- 3:20 p.m.  
PSY101  Introduction to Psychology  43614 M,W      4-6:50 p.m.      

Classes begin October 20, 2014!

These classes are in-person at:  
East Valley Veterans Education Center
3320 S. Price Road
Tempe, AZ 85282
480-384-9850
www.evvec.org

Register Now! 
480-517-8540

Trust your ability to learn new things
Reach for self-awareness and master self-management
Utilize strategies for goal setting
Speakers to enlighten and strengthen self-motivation
Transition into college life and connect with fellow veterans

CPD 150 is designed to help students succeed in their educational career and personal growth. Students will learn about college support resources, how to develop an educational plan, time-management strategies, goal-setting strategies, effective communication skills and note-taking, strategies to improve memory, test-taking tips, career planning resources and more.

Here's a look at what students are saying about CPD 150
I am very pleasantly surprised at how much I enjoyed taking this class. I wish there was a way to tell everyone attending Rio Salado the importance of taking this class.

I just wanted to say thank you, for everything! This class has been an amazing guide and I have recommended it to my brother and best friend who are both undecided.

I have learned many valuable time-management skills that have resulted in working smarter rather than harder. I have also learned that no matter how “mature” and “wise” you think you are, you can develop new skills that will result in new experiences. I have developed new skills that are making my classes more enjoyable. 

This EVVEC CPD 150 class is geared toward veterans, but open to the public. It is also available online.