The summit is designed to give business leaders, veteran students and alumni an opportunity to engage in an open dialogue about ways skilled veterans can help satisfy the needs of local employers.
The Summit is not a job fair. It is a way for veteran students and alumni to network with leaders in the business community and learn how to transition into the business industry.
Phoenix College Career Services staff will be on hand to help veterans with resume preparation. Free business cards, flash drive, and resume printing will be available prior to the event.
Network and meet great people who can help you get to the next stage of your career!
First Annual Veteran Summit at Phoenix College
Thursday, November 6, 2014
11:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
Phoenix College, Hacienda Room, F Building
Lunch will be provided
Please call (602) 285-7342 or stop by the PC Veteran Services office in the Hannelly Center to register for the event.
Moderated discussion with veterans and business leaders who will share:
- Their experiences in navigating the business community and what they learned.
- What they wished they knew while they were in school.
- How veteran students can best highlight their important skills and training.
- 11:00 a.m. - Welcome
Dr. Heather Kruse, Dean, Student Affairs, PC
- 11:05 a.m. - Opening Remarks
Dr. Anna Solley, President, PC and Laura Pastor, District 4 Councilwoman
- 11:15 a.m. - Summit Overview
Ray Torres, Chairman of the Board S.E.E.4VETS, Major General USAF (Ret.) Carl Schneider, S.E.E.4VETS Strategic Advisor and John Nicholas, S.E.E.4VETS Strategic Advisor
- 11:30 a.m. - Panel Discussion
Student and Alumni Panel
- 12:15 p.m. - Photos, Networking and Prizes
- 1:00 p.m. - Appreciation Fair
Bear's Den Patio / Sophomore Square