Look around and realize that there are many individuals in your zone of proximity suffering from the shame, hopelessness, isolation, and other negative emotions that are the defining attributes of mental illness. Perhaps you are one of them.
May is Mental Health Awareness Month. The Rio Salado Library is proud to support Mental Health Awareness Month by pooling together resources to help identify the causes of mental illness and strategies to overcome it.
- Mental Health Awareness Month: By the Numbers National Institute of Mental Health
- Ruby Wax: What's so Funny about Mental Illness? TED Talk
- Vikram Patel: Mental Health for All by Involving All Ted Talk
- We All Have Problems Mental Health Awareness Ad
- Let’s Talk About Shame Interactive tool that shines a light on the power of shame and its role in the complexities of issues such as addiction, co-dependency and mental health.
- Health-Related Library Databases
- Mental Health-Related Magazines and Journals
- Boy Interrupted Documentary Films on Demand Video
- Maintaining Mental Health Films on Demand Video
- Coping with Stress Films on Demand Video