Look around and realize that there are many individuals in your zone of proximity suffering from the shame, hopelessness, isolation, and other negative emotions that are the defining attributes of mental illness.
This year’s theme for Mental Health Month is - Life with a Mental Illness - and will call on individuals to share what life with a mental illness feels like for them in words, pictures and video by tagging their social media posts with #mentalillnessfeelslike (or submitting to MHA anonymously). Posts will be collected and displayed at mentalhealthamerica.net/feelslike.
- National Alliance on Mental Health (NAMI): Mental Health by the Numbers
- Ted Talks: The Struggle of Mental Health Playlist
- Depression: Mental Health Awareness Week PSA Video
- Let’s Talk About Shame Interactive tool that shines a light on the power of shame and its role in the complexities of issues such as addiction, co-dependency and mental health.
- Health-Related Library Databases
- Mental Health-Related Magazines and Journals
- Cry for Help PBS Documentary
- Silence Broken - A Mother's Reckoning Films on Demand Video
- One Calm Hour Films on Demand Video
- Boy Interrupted Documentary Films on Demand Video
- Maintaining Mental Health Films on Demand Video
- Coping with Stress Films on Demand Video
News courtesy of the Rio Salado Library.