Recipe for Cuban Bread Pudding - Pudin de Pan
1 loaf day-old Cuban bread, cut in one-inch cubes (approximately 10 slightly packed cups. Use a high quality bakery loaf as a substitute).
6 large eggs 1/2 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup white sugar 1 lemon peel, grated
1/3 cup brown sugar 2 teaspoons cinnamon
3 cups whole milk 1 teaspoon nutmeg
1 tablespoon vanilla extract 1 stick butter, melted
2 tablespoons dark rum 1 can evaporated milk
1 can sweetened condensed milk 2 cups raisins
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1 lemon peel, grated
2 teaspoon nutmeg
1 stick butter, melted
1 can evaporated mil
2 cups raisins
Preheat oven to 350º F.
1. Take your raisins and soak them in four cups of hot water until they plump up, about 30 minutes.
2. Use an electric mixer to beat the white sugar, brown sugar, and the eggs until creamy. Gradually add the sweetened condensed milk and evaporated milk. Beat until frothy.
3. Add the melted butter, whole milk, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt and beat until well blended.
4. Lightly butter a 9” x 13” pan. Arrange the bread cubes in the pan, scatter the plumped raisins among the bread, and slowly pour in the milk mixture
5. Bake in the oven for about one hour. You can tell it is done when the entire top puffs up and a knife inserted in the middle comes out clean.
#Rio2016InternationalEdWeek #IEW2016 #RioSaladoCollege #CelebrateDiversity