March 8 is International Women's Day-- a global day celebrating the social, economic, cultural and political achievements of women. The day also marks a call to action for accelerating gender parity.
At Rio Salado, nearly 60% of the student population is female. We are committed to help women succeed in school, prepare for successful careers and create positive change in their communities.
Here are some ways we can #BeBoldForChange, get involved and champion women's education:
- Launch or fund a women-focused scholarship
- Encourage young girls and women to consider a STEM career
- Value diversity for greater educational outcomes
- Support women inventors of new products and services
- Celebrate women researchers discovering new knowledge
Be sure to check out the Rio Salado Library's recommended reads for International Women's Day, which include multiple New York Times best-selling authors like Tina Fey and Mindy Kaling as well as biographies of influential women such as Rosa Parks and Maya Angelou.