Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Congratulations 2017 AACE Grads!

group photo of completion ceremony

A big shout out to Rio Salado's 2017 Adults Achieving a College Education (AACE) graduates! Photos of the Completion Ceremony can be found on our Facebook page. Feel free to share and tag.

The AACE program is designed to help students transition seamlessly to college—while they are completing their High School Equivalency GED® test preparation program and English Language Acquisition for Adults classes at Rio Salado.

The program helps students improve their academic skills in math, reading and English so they are prepared to take college level courses.

Here is what some of the graduates have to say about the AACE program and how it helped them.
"From a high school dropout to a graduate with a GED, the AACE program taught me more than just being a student. It taught me how to stick with my goals until the job is done no matter how hard they may seem." - Joshua Meza 
"AACE was very challenging, but knowing that I had friends made it easier. I now have the courage to further my education and I am no longer doubtful about my ability to have a college education." - Yesenia Castillo 
Photo of Thelma Cox.  Text: "My life changed since I started the Adult ACE Program. It helped me to feel confident, secure, and to have passion for life."

"I appreciate the opportunity provided to me. Thanks to AACE, I am one step closer to a dream that was set in 2006!" - Maria Contreras 
"College felt impossible because I was unaware of where to start or if I was even smart enough to attend. Adult ACE eliminated all my doubts by walking me every step of the way." - Frank Gonzalez
To learn more about Rio Salado’s AACE program contact Kate Packer at adult.ace@riosalado.edu.

Rio Salado College serves as the principal provider of GED® test preparation programs for the Maricopa Community Colleges and the largest provider of adult basic education in the state of Arizona. Visit this web page for additional details.