Wednesday, June 20, 2018

Meet the Rio Salado AACE Class of 2018

Group photo of grads and staff

Congratulations to the Rio Salado College 2018 Adults Achieving a College Education (AACE) graduates!

Pictured above are the 37 AACE students who were honored at the June 12, 2018 completion ceremony at Rio Salado College in Tempe, accompanied by Rio Salado and Maricopa Community Colleges staff who helped them to celebrate their accomplishments. Check out this Facebook album for more photos.

Rio Salado’s AACE program is designed to help students transition seamlessly to college—while they are completing their High School Equivalency GED® test preparation program and English Language Acquisition for Adults classes at Rio Salado.

The program helps students improve their academic skills in math, reading and English so they are prepared to take college-level courses.

Here is what some of the 2018 graduates have to say about the AACE program.

The first day in AACE was the worst in my life because I was very afraid of failure, but through this journey I discovered my new self-worth. Today, I am more confident and productive because I know that I can accomplish what I set my mind to. Ruba Mahmood

When I started AACE, I was afraid. My English was not great, but I didn’t want to give up. Because of my instructors and fellow students, I am closer to my goals. My life is changing because I am more confident. I feel so much appreciation for this program, the staff, and the teachers who encouraged me - this program changed my life. Aurelio Yanez

The program helped me to have better time management and to rewire negative thoughts and opinions I set up for myself. Teachers and staff are very understanding and very helpful when times are tough and when it's not quite easy. I'm very happy that I have done this for myself and my family, now I feel better prepared for my future. Kaylanna Etsitty

The AACE program was a great opportunity to further my education. I was able to learn a lot and gain essential skills to take along with as I progress further. Skills like time management and core knowledge. I plan on starting my bachelor's in science soon. Anthony Flores

If I didn’t get accepted into AACE, I probably wouldn’t have continued to pursue my GED. AACE gave me more confidence. I am now excited to continue with my education and I will transfer to ASU with a major in CIS and a focus in Information Assurance. Magdalena Espinoza

Visit this web page to learn more about Rio Salado’s AACE program.

Rio Salado College serves as the principal provider of GED® test preparation programs for the Maricopa Community Colleges and the largest provider of adult basic education in the state of Arizona. Visit this web page for additional details.