Thursday, February 14, 2019

azcentral Dual Enrollment Spotlight

snapshot of azcentral story feature.  Image of students in a classroom holding up their hands.  Caption: With dual enrollment, students finish college faster, and don’t have to duplicate any of their coursework during their early years of college. (Photo11: Getty Images).  Text: Students who want a head start may want to consider dual enrollment. Rio Salado College is one of the largest schools in Arizona to host dual enrollment students. Photo of Rio Salado Grad Lennon Audrain in a classroom. quote: “I was able to enroll in English, history and science classes that counted for both college and high school credit. For me, it was not only a way to get ahead in college, but a way to validate that the coursework I was taking in high school was of collegiate rigor,” noted Audrain. After all, how many students get to really explore their career passion at age 15?"

Check out this azcentral story featuring Rio Salado Brophy College Preparatory grad Lennon Audrain, who talks about the many benefits of our dual enrollment program-- and how it gave him a jump start on his teaching career.

Save time and money and get a head start on your college career with our dual enrollment program: www.riosalado.edu/dual

Audrain, who graduated from Rio Salado and Brophy in 2017 and completed his undergraduate work at Arizona State University, is now teaching with Mesa Public Schools.

“Throughout high school, I took over 24+ credit hours of education coursework that set me up on a pathway to becoming a teacher,” said Audrain. “By January 2017, I had earned both my associate in arts degree and my associate in arts in elementary education degree from Rio Salado - five months five months before I graduated from high school Brophy.”

Here's a thoughtful student profile by Maricopa Community Colleges Television featuring  Audrain, who is making a difference in the classroom-- and as a passionate advocate for teachers!

Learn more about Audrain in RioNews.