Thursday, May 2, 2019

Meet 2019 #RioGrad Student Marshal Kari Reinhart

Photo of Kari in grad cap and gown

Rio Salado’s 2019 Commencement Student Marshal is Kari Reinhart, an honors graduate, a single mother, dog lover and long-distance runner. And if that wasn’t enough, Reinhart also worked two jobs to help her dream of graduation become a reality.

“I have persevered by using every possible spare moment to study, research and write,” Reinhart said. “It is an amazing feeling of accomplishment of attaining my goal while providing a living breathing example for my child to never underestimate yourself.”

Reinhart’s academic accomplishments include being a member of the National Society of Leadership and Success, and the Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society.

“I owe my success to my brother for convincing me to go back to school, and my daughter for giving me a reason to make a better life for the two of us,” Reinhart said.

Reinhart is earning an Associate Degree in Administration of Justice and is already working in that career field.

“The most enjoyable part of my current job is working with law enforcement canines and military working dogs,” Reinhart said. “It is my goal to continue down this path in some capacity full-time.” 

Get the latest news about our graduation ceremony, including a downloadable event flier. And don’t forget to download your grad badge.

Learn more about Rio Salado’s Administration of Justice program at riosalado.edu/criminaljustice.