Thursday, March 12, 2020

Dr. Inhye Peterson, Phi Theta Kappa Advisor Selected As a 2020 PTK Faculty Scholar

graphic shows the PTK logo

Have you heard? Dr. Inhye Peterson, Phi Theta Kappa Advisor has been selected as a 2020 PTK faculty scholar.

Selected from a pool of more than 200 applicants, Peterson will travel to PTK Catalyst 2020 in Texas next month to meet other PTK faculty scholars. Read below what Inhye had to say about her recognition.

Graphic is photo of Inhye Peterson, PTK Scholarship winner

“Honestly, this recognition is unexpected. It is my honor and privilege that I’m selected to serve as the only 2020 Faculty Scholar from the Maricopa Community Colleges. As a servant leader, I feel grateful to have this opportunity to influence other PTK advisors on the national level by facilitating critical discourse. I look forward to maximizing my working PTK knowledge, critical research techniques, and talents to create exigencies to bring effects.

I chose my career in higher learning to practically help community college students, particularly those who are from at-risk, low socio-economic status, and cultural minorities. I appreciate the mission of community colleges because I strongly believe that the American Dream is still possible and very much alive. My family has greatly benefited from higher learning not only to make livings out of it, but also to become lifelong learners in pursuing intellectual curiosity and critical thinking.

My driving forces are students and their stories. Each student brings such unique life experiences as well as personal and systematic struggles and obstacles. My hope is to lift the loads even temporarily or remove those obstacles so that they can move forward.” Dr. Inhye Peterson

To learn more about PTK click here.