You can also take part via webinar!
Visit www.riosalado.edu/advising101 for the latest details.
Advising 101 satisfies Step 3 of the "Initial Advising Session” to complete registration in my.maricopa.edu.
Students will learn how to:
● Work with an advisor to reach their educational goals.
● Choose appropriate classes and programs.
● Apply prior college classes to their program.
● Transfer credits to a university program.
● Find resources and tips to help them succeed.
- American Plagues: Lessons from Our Battles with Disease by Stephen H. Gelbach
- Devoured: From Chicken Wings to Kale Smoothies by Sophie Egan
- Digital Transformation Playbook: Rethink Your Business for the Digital Age by David L. Rogers
- The Fire Line: The Story of the Granite Mountain Hotshots and One of the Deadliest Days in American Firefighting by Fernanda Santos
- The Green Solution to Breast Cancer: A Promise for Prevention by Kristin Abatsis McHenry
- How English Became English: A Short History of a Global Language by Simon Horobin
- The Millennial Mindset: Unraveling Fact from Fiction by Regina Luttrell and Karen McGrath
- Paul McCartney: The Life by Philip Norman
- Primary Greatness: The 12 Levers of Success by Stephen R. Covey
- A Rage for Order: The Middle East in Turmoil, from Tahrir Square to ISIS by Robert F. Worth
- Rise of the Rocket Girls: The Women Who Propelled Us, from Missiles to the Moon to Mars by Nathalia Hart
- The Romanovs: 1613-1918 by Simon Sebag Montefiore
- TED Talks: The Official TED Guide to Public Speaking by Chris Anderson
- This is Our Land: Grassroots Environmentalism in the Late Twentieth Century by Cody Ferguson
- Violence Against Queer People: Race, Class, Gender, and the Persistence of Anti-LGBT Discrimination by Doug Meyer
- The Black Calhouns: From Civil War to Civil Rights with One African American Family by Gail Lumet Buckley
- Churchill: The Life: An Authorized Pictorial Biography by Max Arthur
- Compromised Data: From Social Media to Big Data by Joanna Redden, et. al.
- 50 Great American Places: Essential Historic Sites Across the U.S. by Brent D. Glass
- Military Finances: Personal Money Management for Service Members, Veterans, and Their Families by Cheryl Lawhorn-Scott
- On My Own by Diane Rehm
- 1-2-3 Magic: Effective Discipline for Children 2-12 by Thomas W. Phelan
- Rethinking American Women’s Activism by Annelise Orleck
- Snapshot of a Soul Place in the Land of Special Needs by Kari Burk
- Small Data: The Tiny Clues That Uncover Huge Trends by Martin Lindstrom
- Solar Energy: An Introduction by Michael Mackay
- Under New Management: How Leading Organizations Are Upending Business as Usual by David Burkus
- War and Genocide: A Concise History of the Holocaust, 3rd ed. by Doris L. Bergen
- What Great Service Leaders Know and Do: Creating Breakthroughs in Service Firms by James L. Heskett